When my family started going to Smith and Moorehouse, it took me a minute to register the name. For a split second, I would think they were headed to some warehouse store somewhere ( I believe I was getting it mixed up with Smith's and Edward's) and then I would realize they were talking about the lake by the cabin. I'm not alone in this issue. Jess also thinks it's kind of a goofy name. We discussed referring to it as THE LAKE ...."WE'RE HEADED TO THE LAKE" as opposed to "WE'RE HEADED TO SMITH AND MOOREHOUSE". Although...I suppose if Jess and I had discovered this lake, I would want it to be named VADEN and PRESCOTT....makes Smith and Moorehouse not sound so bad, eh. Anyways..... Jess, it turns out there really is a lake by that name...I saw the sign. Here are some pictures from our fishing trip at THE LAKE :)
Okay...this one is going down in the history books as the best picture Amy took in the Summer of '08. Alec looks like he's got the lake to himself and not a care in the world.
waiting for the bite....they've got one....showing off their prize
Becky's first catch....I think it was the pink fishing pole!

4 comments:
Looks like you have had a busy few weeks. Great memories for the kids! Sorry we missed Wildhorse. Sounds like it was loads of fun. Although I can't say I missed "the swimming hole". I was the one who discovered it last year and two jumps were enough for me! Sounds like it has been a great summer for the kids so far!
You have had outdoor overload. I'll be the kids are in heaven.
So great to see you all at Wildhorse and also nice to hear the cheapy treasure hunt is worthwhile for some.
Hope the rest of your summer is fab.
Looks like your summer fun is continuing nicely. It was great to see you and your cute fam. They are growing (and yes, I Am aware this makes me sound like the stereotypical old aunt - Oh wait, that IS what I am! )
I like the lake. Would Vaden and Wallace sound better? Course I haven't been there so that wouldn't count. Sounds like fun. Thanks for saying my lasagna was good. You're my favorite sister-in-law.
Post a Comment