December 11, 2009

Baby, it's COLD outside!!!

This Monday brought a lot of snow to Boise!!! It has stuck around, too..... thanks to the FREEZING temperatures. This mornig when I walked the kids to the bus stop, the news said it was 5 degrees....BBRRRRRRR! I like it, though. Now it feels like winter and Christmas! We got a few inches!
Ready to go get on the bus.....10 MINUTES EARLY!!!! They were so excited to get out in the white stuff, we stood and froze for an unnecessary 10 mintues waiting for the bus to come.
All part of the fun :)
After breakfast, it was Carter's turn to go play in the snow.......

Notice there are no gloves on his little hands.....he wouldn't put them on

So this stuff comes out of the sky ?!* He kept telling me "sky"..."sky".."sky"
Maybe I will give those things you were calling gloves a try!!!!
AHHHH....natural consequences:)

Gloves on and ready to be thrown in the snow!!!
I can't swing with snow in there......I have to clean it out....every last bit of it :)
Nice and snug....ready to swing and swing and swing and swing......
I've fallen and I really can't get up!!!
This playing in the snow is hard work....lets take a break!
Rosy cheeked.....time to go inside!!!!
Carter learning to love hot chocolate....more like warm chocolate!

We've had a week of playing and enjoying the snow......Winter is definately here AND Baby, it's cold outside!!!

5 comments:

Amy Wallace said...

It is so cold! We were -4 last night. I love those pictures of Carter. He looks like a marshmellow.

Lost Woman said...

Those red cheeks!

Snow really is an amazing thing, it's fun to think of experiencing it for the first time through Mr. Carters eyes.

michandler said...

Hadn't been to visit for awhile. Great updates. Love Emily's quilt. The boys post was nice too (I know all about that!). We have been cold up here too but without the snow--thank goodness! Not as cold as you though. The snow IS fun, but I'd rather have it come after we get through this week of school.

crazy lady said...

Let's talk cold. We had a ridiculous 16 below last week and some frozen water pipes for a while. You know it's cold when the buggers in your nose freeze up as soon as you open the door.
I must say that Mr. Carter's images immediately brought to mind the younger brother in Christmas story in his "snowsuit" and mufflers. Looks like he had a blast.

The Ball Babies said...

It really did make it seem more Christamasy, but it was a pain in the rear at school since there was no outdoor recess for about 4 days! I'm glad the weather is in the balmy 30s now!!!