December 23, 2009

December 23


Today was a good day!  The mailman was early and he brought Aunt Maureen's package...the kids are so excited when it gets here!  She has been giving my children ornaments every year since they were born and thanks to her, they are getting quite a collection of ornaments.  They are always excited to see which ornament they will get.  This is Carter's 2nd Christmas so he doesn't really know what it's all about...but that didn't stop him from joining in on the excitement, opening up his box and running to the tree to put his ornament up!








I finished up some more Christmas treats...spiced nuts and made an ornament out of a Christmas Card....saw it on Martha and had to try it....it was fun and turned out very nicely :)

After dark, we rode around to look at the lights....my kids were requesting certain houses and so its becoming a tradition to look at certain homes!  I was also dropping off friend gifts while we were driving around.  One of my friends' parents are up from California for Christmas and they brought with them all kinds of fruits and she gave me a whole sack full of pomegranites, oranges, lemons, and persimmons.  I had never had a persimmon before and neither have my children.  SO...tonight, we tried our first persimmons...they are pretty good!  I'm going to have to look up some recipes for what to make with all of them :)


Once the kids were in bed, Aaron and I had a gift wrapping party....Wahoo!  All the presents are now wrapped and ready for Christmas.  On to tomorrow....Christmas Eve!

2 comments:

The Ball Babies said...

Ok, let's be honest with each other...I.Loved.Those.Nuts! I ate mine you gave all the teachers in about 5 minutes. Yep, didn't share, didn't breathe, didn't have any regrets. They were delicious and I need your recipe!!! I'm a total sucker for nuts! Thank you!

crazy lady said...

WOW! You have been one busy woman! I got tired just lookin at all the pictures of said activities, let alone doing them and posting photos and stories! I am pretty much salivating over all the yummy treats you made (and yes, I ate WAY more than I should have over the break! but I'm still drooling.).
I remember making Christmas balls like that way back in the day. I'd forgotten about them though.
Thanks for taking the time to post all your fun activities.
You are one amazing woman!
Happy New Year.
(I need to go have a little lie down now - just reading all that...:0)