Before I write about our trip to the dunes, I have to get this out of the way.
I went to Albertsons to pick up a few things and you'll never guess who was in front of me in the checkout line......SARAH PALIN! I. Am. Not. Kidding. Just standing in line, with her baby, buying marshmallows, chocolate, and grahm crackers. Apparently, they were camping here in Idaho and she was picking up supplies for smores. She smiled at me and my children and off she went. It all happened so fast. I still have to shake my head over the whole thing.
Anyhoo....
This weekend, we headed back to the sand dunes. The kids wanted to go camping there and we knew we better go before the hot temperatures came. So, off we went....
Alec hiked to the top of the biggest dune with Aaron. They hiked up to the top and then walked along it to the tallest point.
There were 3 baby great horned owls in the tree by where we camped.
I'm tell'in ya.....Carter knows how to kick back!
We went to the observatory. There were too many clouds when night rolled around, though. We did see Saturn through one of the smaller telescopes.
Emily said, "I'm always going to remember the night I saw Saturn." ahhhhhh:)
Here's another "Emmy" for ya....as of late, she likes eating her food into the shape of Idaho. I've seen it done in bread, grahm crackers, bologna and now....cheese!
Never thought I'd see anyone just sitting in a chair, flying a kite. There is a constant breeze a blow'in....hence,
THE BRUNEAU SAND DUNES!










6 comments:
How fun. You must have really liked it there. Sounds like you have started a new family tradition. Can't beat that. Love that you are already out of school. We still have until next Tuesday (sigh)
You guys make me think I might actually want to go to those dunes and I have never been so inclined. I think I would have to go and watch your kids have the fun though.
As for Sara P. What the? That is too funny. She did graduate from U of I so maybe she was haunting some old places she liked?
Very funny. It is really weird when you see someone famous.
Good thing we don't live in the state of Texas. That could be a little hard to make a graham cracker shape out of... heehee Good girl, Emily!
One time I was reading a blog about how someone was told that she looked liked Sarah Palin and this person was so offended because Sarah Palin was SO OLD... yeah. Which Albertson's were you at? CV? Totally cool! Do you think she eats the smores? haha
And yes, Amy, we DO HAVE CHICKENS!!! Come see them sometime. You can see how funny they are and your kids would probably like having a few more girls in their backyard! :)
That looks like so much fun. You're so quick to get your pictures up. I haven't even come close to getting to that yet. I can't believe it you so Sara P. Awesome
I love the kite flying from the chair, defiantly the way to do it! Great fun-love the memories-aah Saturn!
Kris- I was at CV. Probably stopped because it's right off the free-way. She did not look old! She looked...like a mom standing in line with her baby buying supplies for smores...I really didn't even notice it was her until she looked at me! I bet she eats the smores...and then runs 10 miles the next day :)
Amy- I have to be quick if I'm going to have a book at the end of this year...haha;)
Post a Comment