June 18, 2010

Sundays

     Have I ever told you how much I LOVE living in SE Boise?  Well.......I do.  I haven't wanted to say it too loud in fear I might have to pack up and go somewhere else...(yeah, a little supersticious).  There are a lot of reasons why I love it so much but I'm only going to share one at the moment:  We live within a 10 minute stroll to the Boise river.  In fact, we live along the Boise Greenbelt....off of Eckert road...take a look.....http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Parks/ParksAndFacilities/Parks/page18151.aspx .  This connects us up to all kinds of parks and attractions.  It is nothing short of AWESOME!!!  Hop on our bikes and we can get everywhere!   Aaron uses it to get to the Foothills and go mountain biking...doesn't even have to get in the car...just gets on his bike and goes....He loves that!  We could spend our whole life exploring along its different trails and features.  Due to the fact we live by the river, we see all kinds of wild life on our side of town and I almost feel like I don't live within a city at all :)
Why is the title of my post called "Sundays"?  Because that is what we've been doing on Sundays for a while now...walking on the Greenbelt to the river and hanging out.  The kids have found a favorite tree they like climbing all over, Carter loves the ducks and throwing rocks in the water and I just love the time we have together...talking, laughing, arguing, playing, teasing...being together.




Now you know....I LOVE living in SE Boise.
I'm so thankful this is where we landed in this very big and crazy world.

4 comments:

Lost Woman said...

It means so much to feel comfortable in the place you live. How wonderful you are not only comfortable but thrilled!

Your Sunday walks sound like such a great family tradition that will make you all closer for years.

Thanks for sharing... I'm just a bit jealous.

michandler said...

That is a nice family tradition. It kind of reminds me of how our family often went on Sunday drives into the mountains. I have amazing, fond memories from that time. That is a totally awesome tree. We have a park about 10 blocks from the house that overlooks the Puget Sound that we like to walk to with the kids in the evenings called Sunset Park. Family traditions are great. It's nice that you live so close to the river.

The Ball Babies said...

Bill and I were just commenting tonight while we were on our walk about how much we love SE Boise also! Where else can you be so close to nature and so close to the city and the river and the foothills. I could go on and on! It is really the best place in Boise to live. I love your picture of the foothills! Don't you love how green they're staying this late into June?? I hate to see them turn brown later on :(

Awesome post - you took the words right out of my mouth!

crazy lady said...

Yikes! How have I not checked your blog in ages!?!
Looks like you're havning a grand time. Boise IS a lovely place to live. I have liked it ever since I lived there and went to nursing school back in 1972...it's changed a "bit" since then :0)
Love the new tradation of walking. There's nothing like being outdoors and with the people you love. A win-win situation for sure.
I'll be spedning some more time in Boise in the upcoming year. Chuck is going to Boise instead of Iraq. He bought a trailer and will be living there for about a year and a half starting in July. So, maybe I can come and spend some time with you on your nature walks :0)